|(a) Data collection. The department will maintain a
computer database for complaints. The database will contain for each
complaint filed under §3.23 of this subchapter (relating to Filing
a Complaint) customer information that is appropriate for the compilation
and analysis of detailed complaint data. The information will include:
(1) the date the complaint is filed;
(2) the name of the person filing the complaint;
(3) the subject matter of the complaint;
(4) a record of each person contacted in relation to
(5) a summary of the results of the review or investigation
of the complaint;
(6) if the department takes no action on the complaint,
an explanation of the reasons that no action was taken;
(7) the length of time required to provide a response
to the customer from the date that the complaint was received by the
(8) if applicable, the county and district where the
person, thing, or condition that is the subject of the complaint is
(b) Data analysis.
(1) The department will provide detailed statistics
and analyze trends on a district and division basis.
(2) The department will identify trends related to
similar complaints, including the number of persons who filed each
type of complaint.
(c) Data reporting. The department will report complaint
(1) monthly to division and office directors, district
engineers, and individuals filling senior leadership positions; and
(2) quarterly to the Texas Transportation Commission.