|(a) To be a candidate for certification, a records
retention schedule must:
(1) list all records series maintained by the state
agency, regardless of medium;
(2) indicate whether the records are archival state
records or state records that must be reviewed by the state archivist
for potential archival value prior to their destruction;
(3) ensure that state records maintained by the state
agency listed in the Texas State Records Retention Schedule or Texas
State University Records Retention Schedule are retained for the minimum
periods prescribed in the schedules;
(4) ensure that state records not listed in the Texas
State Records Retention Schedule are kept for a length of time sufficient
to meet administrative, legal, fiscal, and archival requirements;
(5) be submitted in a manner and form prescribed by
the state records administrator.
(b) To be a candidate for certification, an amendment
to a records retention schedule must meet the criteria in paragraphs
(2) - (5) of subsection (a) of this section.
(c) To be certified, a records retention schedule or
an amendment to the schedule must be approved by the director and
librarian and may also require the approval of the state auditor.
|Source Note: The provisions of this §6.5 adopted to be effective October 24, 1994, 19 TexReg 8108; amended to be effective September 2, 1999, 24 TexReg 6727; amended to be effective June 1, 2005, 30 TexReg 1766; amended to be effective August 30, 2020, 45 TexReg 5906