|(a) Applicability. This section applies to the development
by the executive commissioner of HHSC of a Caseload Reduction Plan
(the Plan) for the Adult Protective Services (APS) Division of the
Department of Family and Protective Services as required by §531.048,
(b) Purpose of the Plan. The purpose of the Plan is
to reduce caseloads for adult protective services caseworkers to a
level that does not exceed professional caseload standards recommended
by the National Adult Protective Services Association by more than
five cases per worker by January 1, 2011. The Plan must include annual
targets for caseload reduction.
(c) Components of the Plan. The Plan will include:
(1) APS program description.
(2) Assessment of program and demographic data using
historic and forecasted information.
(3) Internal and external influences and impact of
(4) APS policy and operational factors influencing
(5) Identification of options to reduce caseloads.
(6) Program impact of caseload reduction options.
(7) Resource needs and cost impact for caseload reduction
(8) Consultation with stakeholders.
(d) Report. Beginning in 2006, not later than December
31 of each even numbered year, a report will be prepared on the APS
Caseload Reduction Plan including the amount of funding necessary
in the next biennium to fully implement the Plan. The report will
be provided to the governor, lieutenant governor, speaker of the house
of representatives, and the presiding officer of each house and senate
standing committee having jurisdiction over adult protective services.