|(a) General Information.
(1) All data must be transmitted electronically to
the Texas EMS & Trauma Registries within ninety calendar days
of the date of discharge from their facility; monthly submissions
(2) Acute or post-acute rehabilitation facilities must
report no reportable data (NRD) to the Registries monthly for any
given month with no required reportable event.
(b) Data Elements and Methods.
(1) Data elements currently defined by the appropriate
data dictionaries for all required reportable events must be submitted
to the department’s online Registries.
(2) If a specialized reporting system exists for a
required reportable event, then the case or suspected case must be
submitted to all relevant reporting systems.
(c) Third-party Services.
(1) An acute or post-acute rehabilitation facility
may use third-party services to submit data to the Registries. A legally
binding agreement must exist between the acute or post-acute rehabilitation
facility and the third-party services. Documentation of the legally
binding agreement must be provided to the department for third-party
services to submit the data on behalf of the acute or post-acute rehabilitation
facility within the Registries.
(2) If an acute or post-acute rehabilitation facility
uses the third-party services, the acute or post-acute rehabilitation
facility is ultimately responsible for the complete, accurate and
timely reporting of data to the Registries.