|(a) The governing entity shall be responsible for providing:
(1) educational facilities;
(2) resources; and
(3) services which support the effective development
and implementation of the professional nursing education program.
(b) An appropriately equipped skills laboratory shall
be provided to accommodate the maximum number of students allowed
for the program and to provide a learning environment where students
can receive instruction and demonstrate all basic nursing skills.
A simulation laboratory may be provided to enhance clinical learning
experiences where students can practice nursing care through planned
scenarios that mimic real clinical situations.
(1) The laboratories shall be equipped with hot and
cold running water.
(2) The laboratories shall have adequate storage for
equipment and supplies.
(c) The dean/director and faculty shall have adequate
secretarial and clerical assistance to meet the needs of the program.
(d) The physical facilities shall be adequate to meet
the needs of the program in relation to the size of the faculty and
the student body.
(1) The dean/director shall have a private office.
(2) Faculty offices shall be conveniently located and
adequate in number and size to provide faculty with privacy for conferences
with students and uninterrupted work.
(3) Space for clerical staff, records, files, and equipment
shall be adequate.
(4) There shall be mechanisms which provide for the
security of sensitive materials, such as examinations and health records.
(5) Classrooms, laboratories, and conference rooms
shall be conducive to learning and adequate in number, size, and type
for the number of students and the educational purposes for which
the rooms are used.
(6) Teaching aids shall be provided to meet the objectives/outcomes
of the program.
(7) Adequate restrooms and lounges shall be provided
convenient to the classroom.
(e) The learning resources, library, and departmental
holdings shall be current, use contemporary technology appropriate
for the level of the curriculum, and be sufficient for the size of
the student body and the needs of the faculty.
(1) Provisions shall be made for accessibility, availability,
and timely delivery of information resources.
(2) Facilities and policies shall promote effective
use, i.e. environment, accessibility, and hours of operation.
|Source Note: The provisions of this §215.11 adopted to be effective January 9, 2005, 29 TexReg 12190; amended to be effective October 19, 2008, 33 TexReg 8509; amended to be effective October 23, 2012, 37 TexReg 8304; amended to be effective August 9, 2018, 43 TexReg 5074