The following words and terms, when used in this subchapter,
shall have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates
(1) Criminal Background Check--Review of fingerprint-based
criminal history record information.
(2) Dual Relationships--When the person providing early
childhood intervention services engages in activities with the family
that go beyond his or her professional boundaries.
(3) Early Intervention Specialist (EIS) Active Status--When
an EIS is employed or subcontracting with a contractor and holds a
current active credential.
(4) Early Intervention Specialist (EIS) Inactive Status--When
an EIS is not employed or subcontracting with a contractor or does
not hold a current active credential.
(5) EIS Registry--A system used by HHSC ECI to maintain
current required EIS information submitted by contractors. HHSC ECI
designates Early Intervention Specialists. The EIS credential is only
valid within the Texas IDEA Part C system.
(6) Individualized Professional Development Plan (IPDP)--The
training and technical assistance plan developed when a staff person
begins employment at an ECI contractor. The IPDP can include but is
not limited to orientation training, EIS credentialing activities,
service coordination training, and other training or professional
development required by the program or HHSC ECI.
(7) Professional Boundaries--Financial, physical and
emotional limits to the relationship between the professional providing
early childhood intervention services and the family.
(8) Service Coordinator Active Status--When a service
coordinator is employed or subcontracting with a contractor and is
current with continuing education requirements specified by HHSC ECI.
(9) Service Coordinator Inactive Status--When a service
coordinator is not employed or subcontracting with a contractor or
is not current with continuing education requirements specified by
|Source Note: The provisions of this §350.303 adopted to be effective September 1, 2011, 36 TexReg 5387; amended to be effective July 1, 2012, 37 TexReg 4621; amended to be effective March 7, 2015, 40 TexReg 939; amended to be effective June 30, 2019, 44 TexReg 3280; transferred effective March 1, 2021, as published in the Texas Register February 5, 2021, 46 TexReg 941