|(a) At the first meeting with the family after the
referral, the contractor must explain:
(1) circumstances that would cause the child to no
longer meet the eligibility requirements for early intervention services;
(2) the Early Childhood Intervention transition process.
(b) The contractor must provide the enrolled family
an overview of transition concepts and activities, including:
(1) ways to plan ahead and help the child adjust to
and function in new settings;
(2) future placement options for the child such as
Local Education Agency (LEA) special education services, community
childcare settings, and home care;
(3) referral and contact information for relevant advocacy
groups, local resources, parent support organizations, Medicaid programs,
including waiver programs offering long-term services and supports
if the child has a condition that would make them eligible for waiver
programs, and other governmental agencies; and
(4) LEA Notification requirements and the LEA Notification
Opt Out option.
(c) The contractor must document the transition conversation
with the family in a progress note.
|Source Note: The provisions of this §350.1205 adopted to be effective May 1, 2014, 39 TexReg 3445; transferred effective March 1, 2021, as published in the Texas Register February 5, 2021, 46 TexReg 941; amended to be effective March 17, 2022, 47 TexReg 1277