|(a) Applicability. This section applies only to computer
equipment that a charitable organization:
(1) purchased for a price of at least $500 using funds
received from the state, whether by appropriation, grant, or otherwise;
(2) disposes of under Government Code, §2175.907.
(b) Definitions. The following words and terms, when
used in this section, shall have the following meanings, unless the
context clearly indicates otherwise.
(1) Charitable organization--Has the meaning assigned
by Government Code, §2175.907(2).
(2) Computer equipment--Has the meaning assigned by
Government Code, §2175.907(1).
(c) Requirements. A charitable organization that disposes
of computer equipment purchased with state funds within the four-year
period after the date of purchase by selling or trading of the computer
equipment, disposing of the computer equipment that is not operational,
or donating the computer equipment to another charitable organization,
under Government Code, §2175.907:
(1) must comply with any requirements regarding the
disposition or donation of items purchased with state funds that are
prescribed by the governmental entity that provided the state funds
to the charitable organization, except to the extent the requirements
are in conflict with the provisions of Government Code, §2175.907;
(2) must keep a record of the manner in which the computer
equipment was disposed or donated, including:
(A) a written description of the computer equipment;
(B) a written description of the method used to dispose
of or donate the computer equipment; and
(C) any receipts or transfer documents.
(d) Retention period. The record described in subsection
(c)(2) of this section must be maintained by the charitable organization
until the later of:
(1) the fourth anniversary of the date the organization
purchased the computer equipment; or
(2) the expiration of the retention period prescribed
by the governmental entity that provided the state funds to the charitable