|(a) Except as otherwise provided by this section, to be appointed
to serve as a steward, an individual must:
(1) have appropriate experience, as provided by subsection
(b) of this section;
(2) satisfactorily pass an optical examination conducted annually,
indicating at least 20/20 vision, corrected, and the ability to distinguish
(3) agree to a complete background check to ensure the individual's
integrity is above reproach;
(4) satisfactorily pass a written examination prescribed by
the executive secretary; and
(5) demonstrate to the executive secretary's satisfaction that
the individual's income from sources other than as a steward is unrelated
to patronage of or employment by a licensee of the Commission.
(b) To be appointed to serve as a steward, an individual must:
(1) have served as an official at a race meeting recognized
by the Commission or another racing jurisdiction; or
(2) demonstrate to the satisfaction of the executive secretary
that the individual has sufficient experience in a racing-related field to
perform the duties of a steward.
(c) The executive secretary shall administer the written examination
for stewards. A passing grade for the written examination is 85%.
|Source Note: The provisions of this §313.21 adopted to be effective August 30, 1989, 14 TexReg 4120; amended to be effective October 11, 1990, 15 TexReg 5699; amended to be effective May 1, 1992, 17 TexReg 2768; amended to be effective December 10, 1992, 17 TexReg 8292; amended to be effective February 10, 1998, 23 TexReg 750; amended to be effective October 30, 2000, 25 TexReg 10732