The following words and terms shall have the following meaning
when used in this subchapter, unless the context indicates otherwise.
(1) Act--Texas Education Code, Chapter 51, Subchapter
Z, §51.976, Training And Examination Program For Employees of
Campus Programs For Minors on Warning Signs Of Sexual Abuse and Child
(2) Camper--A minor, under the age of 18 years, who
is attending a campus program for minors.
(3) Campus program for minors--A program that:
(A) is operated by or on the campus of an institution
of higher education or a private or independent institution of higher
(B) offers recreational, athletic, religious, or educational
activities for at least 20 campers who:
(i) are not enrolled at the institution;
(ii) attend or temporarily reside at the camp for all
or part of at least four days; and
(C) is not a day camp or youth camp as defined by Texas
Health and Safety Code, §141.002, or a facility or program required
to be licensed by the Department of Family and Protective Services.
(4) Department--Department of State Health Services.
(5) Employee--A person of any age who receives compensation
for work or service at a campus program for minors.
(6) Institution of higher education--Has the meaning
assigned by Texas Education Code, §61.003.
(7) Person--Includes corporation, organization, government
or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust,
partnership, association, and any other legal entity.
(8) Private or independent institution of higher education--Has
the meaning assigned by Texas Education Code, §61.003.
(9) Program operator--A person who owns, operates,
or supervises a campus program for minors, regardless of whether it
is operated on a for-profit or non-profit basis.
(10) Training and examination program on sexual abuse
and child molestation--A program approved by the department under §265.404
of this title (relating to Training and Examination Program on Sexual
Abuse and Child Molestation).