|(a) Every individual seeking LCDC licensure shall apply
for registration as a counselor intern and initiate the licensure
application process with the department by submitting the following
items in a form acceptable to the department:
(1) the initial LCDC application fee and the background
(2) the department's current application form that
has been completed, signed, dated, and notarized;
(3) a recent full-face wallet-sized photograph of the
(4) two sets of fingerprints completed according to
department instructions; and
(5) documentation that the applicant has successfully
completed intern registration requirements in §140.405 of this
title (relating to Requirements for Counselor Intern Registration).
(b) A licensure or counselor intern registration applicant
(1) read the department rules in this subchapter;
(2) follow all laws and rules, including the ethical
(3) provide to the department, or give the department
permission to request from third parties, any additional information
or references needed or requested by the department; and
(4) notify the department in writing within 30 days
of a change in name, address, or telephone number.
(c) Application materials become the property of the
(d) No determination will be made on an application
unless it is complete.
(1) Incomplete documents will be returned to the sender.
The department will hold the remaining documents, but will not take
action on the application until all outstanding documents have been
completed as required by the department.
(2) The application and background fee is not refundable
and will not be returned. When resubmitting documents that were returned
to the sender as incomplete, a second application fee is not required.
(e) A document may be considered incomplete if it does
not conform to the following standards.
(1) All documents must be complete, signed, and dated.
Signatures shall include credentials. If the documentation relates
to past activity, the date of the activity shall also be recorded.
(2) Documentation shall be permanent and legible.
(3) When it is necessary to correct a document, the
error shall be marked through with a single line, dated, and initialed
by the writer. Correction fluid shall not be used.
(f) An applicant for CI registration must receive written
notice of registration from the department before accumulating any
supervised work, holding oneself out as a registered counselor intern,
taking the licensure examination, or providing chemical dependency
services supervised in accordance with the requirements of this subchapter.
(g) Within 45 days of receipt of the application, the
department will notify the applicant that the application is complete
or specify the additional information required.
(h) An application shall be voided after one year if
the applicant has not provided the additional information necessary
to process the application.
(i) By signing the application, the applicant accepts
responsibility for remaining knowledgeable of and abiding by the applicable
rules of this subchapter, including revisions.