|(a) Once an application is approved, the commission
and a training provider may enter into a training provider contract
for a term no longer than five years.
(b) To renew a contract, the training provider must
apply to the commission using the current renewal application and
at least six months prior to expiration of a contract.
(c) The commission may renew a training provider contract
for any term deemed appropriate and dependent upon an evaluation which
includes an assessment of the provider's compliance with: commission
standards; terms of the contract; and program performance.
(d) A contract may approve courses and the number of
times they will be offered.
(e) The commission will award training credit for any
course conducted by a training provider unless:
(1) training was not conducted as required by contract
or commission rules;
(2) courses were not conducted in compliance with other
applicable governing standards, including Texas Higher Education Coordinating
Board (THECB) guidelines;
(3) training is not related to a commission license;
(4) an advisory board, academy, training coordinator,
course coordinator, or instructor failed to discharge any responsibility
required by contract or commission rule;
(5) credit was claimed by deceitful or untruthful means;
(6) distance education courses of a proprietary nature,
equivalency, or the distance education portion of a basic licensing
course were not submitted and approved under commission distance education
(7) the training provider has not complied with terms
of a contract.
(f) Once under contract, the chief administrator of
the sponsoring organization or the training coordinator must submit
a written report within thirty days of:
(1) any change in the chief administrator or training
(2) any failure to meet commission rules and standards
by the academy, training coordinator, instructors, or advisory board;
(3) when non-compliance with federal or state requirements
(4) any change in name, physical location, mailing
address, electronic mail address, or telephone number; or
(5) any change in the department dean, Southern Association
of Colleges and Schools, or THECB status for academic alternative
(g) The effective date of this section is February