|(a) The commissioner adopts by reference the Inspection
Request Form for use to request a fire safety inspection by the State
Fire Marshal's Office. This form is published by and available from
the State Fire Marshal's Office.
(b) The amount of money a person requesting an inspection
must pay to the department for a state fire marshal fire safety inspection
is listed in paragraphs (1) - (7) of this subsection. If the building
includes more than one building type as listed in paragraphs (1) -
(7) of this subsection, then the requester must pay for the most expensive
building type that the building includes, plus the amount of money
specified in paragraph (8) of this subsection.
(1) Licensed adult or child day care facility or foster
(2) Licensed nursing home, assisted living or board
and care facility, or school--$100;
(3) Apartment building, hotel, motel, lodge, or rooming
(4) Assembly occupancy, restaurant, or other commercial
(5) Industrial facility or warehouse--$200;
(6) Private prison or jail--$200;
(7) Other building not listed in paragraphs (1) - (6)
of this subsection:
(A) less than 25,000 square feet--$100;
(B) 25,000 square feet to less than 100,000 square
(C) 100,000 square feet or greater--$300.
(8) Each additional building after the first--$25.
(c) To obtain an inspection, a person requesting an
inspection must submit the Inspection Request Form to the State Fire
Marshal's Office. The form must be submitted as specified in the Inspection
Request Form. All payments are nonrefundable.
(d) A person submitting an inspection request must
pay the inspection fee by cashier's check or money order made payable
to the Texas Department of Insurance at the time the Inspection Request
Form is submitted to the state fire marshal.