|(a) Co-located Facilities.
(1) If the juvenile facility is located in the same
building or on the same grounds as any type of adult corrections facility,
the juvenile facility shall be a separate, self-contained unit.
(2) All applicable federal and state laws pertaining
to the separation of juveniles from adult inmates shall apply.
(3) The facility shall submit information to and agree
to monitoring from the Office of the Governor and/or the contract
(b) Separate Operations.
(1) All pre-adjudication programs shall be operated
separately from any post-adjudication programs.
(2) Where a pre-adjudication program and a post-adjudication
program are located in the same building or on the same grounds, direct
verbal interaction and/or physical interaction between the two populations
shall be kept to a minimum. Sight-and-sound separation is not required.
Allowing the two populations to hear each other (non-interactive)
and see each other does not constitute non-compliance with this standard.
(3) During program hours, separate and distinct juvenile
supervision officer supervision ratios shall be maintained in accordance
with applicable standards in Subchapters C and D of this chapter if
pre-adjudication and post-adjudication populations are sharing the
same physical space and/or program activity.
(4) During non-program hours, a single juvenile supervision
officer may simultaneously satisfy the supervision ratios for pre-adjudication
and post-adjudication populations housed in single-occupancy housing
(c) Programming on Facility Premises for Non-Residents.
Any youths who participate in day programming on the facility premises
who are not residents of the facility shall be kept physically separated
from residents of the facility at all times.