The following words and terms, when used in this subchapter,
have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates
(1) Advisory organization--An advisory organization
licensed under Insurance Code Chapter 1805.
(2) Fire rating--A rating, or evaluation of fire suppression
and mitigation capabilities, for a community based on the criteria
in a fire suppression and mitigation grading schedule.
(3) Filer--An advisory organization or insurer that
files fire ratings.
(4) Fire suppression and mitigation grading schedule--A
schedule with criteria for determining the fire rating for a community,
fire district, or other jurisdiction. A fire suppression and mitigation
grading schedule is supplementary rating information, as defined by
Insurance Code §2251.002.
(5) Community--A community, fire district, jurisdiction,
or other definite geographic area.
(6) Survey--The results of an inspection to evaluate
a community's fire suppression and mitigation capabilities.