|(a) The definitions contained in Occupations Code,
Chapter 2301 and Transportation Code, Chapters 503 and 1000 - 1005
govern this chapter. In the event of a conflict, the definition or
procedure referenced in Occupations Code, Chapter 2301 controls.
(b) The following words and terms, when used in this
chapter, shall have the following meanings, unless the context clearly
(1) ALJ--An Administrative Law Judge of the State Office
of Administrative Hearings.
(2) Board--The Board of the Texas Department of Motor
Vehicles, including any personnel to whom the board delegates any
(3) Director--The director of the department that regulates
the distribution and sale of motor vehicles, including any personnel
to whom the director delegates any duty assigned under this chapter.
(4) Executive director--The executive director of the
Texas Department of Motor Vehicles.
(5) Final order authority--The person(s) with authority
under Occupations Code, Chapter 2301; Transportation Code, Chapters
503 and 1000 - 1005; or board rules to issue a final order.
(6) GDN--General distinguishing number.
(7) Governmental agency--All other state and local
governmental agencies and all agencies of the United States government,
whether executive, legislative, or judicial.
(8) Hearing officer--An ALJ, a hearings examiner, or
any other person designated, employed, or appointed by the department
to hold hearings, administer oaths, receive pleadings and evidence,
issue subpoenas to compel the attendance of witnesses, compel the
production of papers and documents, issue interlocutory orders and
temporary injunctions, make findings of fact and conclusions of law,
issue proposals for decision, and recommend or issue final orders.
(9) Motion for rehearing authority--The person(s) with
authority under Occupations Code, Chapter 2301; Transportation Code,
Chapters 503 and 1000 - 1005; or board rules to decide a motion for
(10) SOAH--The State Office of Administrative Hearings.
|Source Note: The provisions of this §215.2 adopted to be effective February 11, 2010, 35 TexReg 883; amended to be effective March 11, 2014, 39 TexReg 1728; amended to be effective February 13, 2017, 42 TexReg 571