|(a) The advisory committee consists of nine members
appointed for staggered six-year terms by the presiding officer of
the commission, with the approval of the commission, as follows:
(1) three driver education providers;
(2) three driving safety providers;
(3) one driver education instructor;
(4) the division head of the Department of Public Safety
driver license division or the division head's designee; and
(5) one member of the public.
(b) Texas Government Code, Chapter 2110 does not apply
to the advisory committee.