|(a) In the event of an emergency that requires immediate
action to prevent a threat to human health and safety or the environment,
a person who seeks to remove or disturb less than 1,000 cubic yards
of sedimentary material shall promptly notify the department that
an emergency exists. The department shall respond to this notification
within 72 hours with a determination that the action is approved,
not approved, or approved with conditions.
(b) Within ten days of completing an approved emergency
activity, a permittee shall submit a written report to the department.
Such report shall include:
(1) the name, address, and telephone number of the
(2) a description of the emergency activity;
(3) a small-scale map showing the location of the emergency
(4) the estimated amount of sedimentary material disturbed
or removed as a result of the emergency activity; and
(5) the date(s) the emergency activity took place.
(c) Additional requirements. The department may, at
its discretion, require a permittee to furnish reports during and
after any activity authorized under the provisions of this subchapter.