|(a) A contested case shall mean any action that is
referred by the Enforcement Committee or the Board to SOAH.
(b) Respondent means:
(1) a person in a contested case charged with a violation
of the Plumbing License Law or Board Rules; or
(2) an applicant who has been denied a license, registration
or endorsement by the Enforcement Committee.
(c) The Board shall provide for a hearing at SOAH,
when requested by a respondent, after issuing a formal complaint that:
(1) charges an individual with any violation of the
Plumbing License Law or Board Rules; or
(2) would prevent an otherwise qualified individual
from obtaining an initial registration, renewing a license, registration,
or endorsement, or taking an examination.
(d) The Board shall conduct the hearing in accordance
with all applicable provisions of the:
(1) Administrative Procedure Act;
(2) State Office of Administrative Hearings Rules;
(3) Plumbing License Law; and
(4) Board Rules.
(e) The Board may serve the notice of hearing on the
respondent at his or her last known address as shown by the Board's