|(a) The terms in this section, when used in this chapter,
have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates
(1) Act--The Texas Controlled Substances Act (Texas
Health and Safety Code, Chapter 481).
(2) Day--A calendar day unless otherwise indicated
as a business day.
(3) Department (DPS)--The Texas Department of Public
(4) Distributor--A manufacturer, wholesaler, retailer
or other person who sells, transfers, or otherwise furnishes a chemical
precursor or a chemical laboratory apparatus.
(5) Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)--The Federal
Drug Enforcement Administration.
(6) Electronic transmission--The transmission of information
in electronic form such as computer to computer, electronic device
to computer, email, or the transmission of the exact visual image
of a document by way of electronic media.
(7) Record--A notification, order form, statement,
invoice, inventory information, or other document for the acquisition
or disposal of a controlled substance, precursor, or apparatus created
or maintained in any manner under a record keeping or inventory requirement
of federal law, the Act, or this chapter.
(b) For purposes of this chapter, the terms "precursor
chemical" and "chemical precursor" are interchangeable.