The following words and terms used in this division are defined
as follows unless the context clearly indicates otherwise.
(1) Contractor--An individual or entity under contract
with comptroller for the provision of travel services.
(2) Contract travel services--The travel services provided
pursuant to comptroller contracts that guarantee prices and levels
of services for all eligible entities and individuals.
(3) Force majeure event--Any acts of God, war, riot,
strike, or other event beyond the control of a contractor and that
could not reasonably have been anticipated or avoided and which, by
the exercise of all reasonable due diligence, such contractor is unable
(4) Official government business--Business required
in the scope and course of the traveler's employment that is properly
authorized by the employing governmental entity.
(5) Overall cost of travel--May include the actual
costs to the state for travel, including flight or other mode of transport
to the duty station, mileage, rental car, taxi, parking, tolls, lodging,
meals in amounts less than or equal to the allowed per diem, and in
some instances may also include travel time to duty station or other
relevant factors directly related to the travel that are significant
in the context of the overall cost of the travel event.
(6) State agency--Any department, commission, board,
office, council, or other agency in the executive branch of state
government created by the constitution or by statute that is required
to use contract travel services pursuant to Government Code, §2171.055.
(7) State employee--Any person employed by a state
agency, or an elected or appointed official.
(8) State travel credit card--A credit card issued
to an individual or a governmental entity by a contract travel credit
(9) State travel directory--A comptroller publication
that lists current available contract travel services.
(10) Traveler--Any person eligible to use contract
travel services, including those eligible pursuant to the comptroller's
travel allowance guide.