The following words and terms, when used in this subchapter,
have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates
(1) Educator--A person who is required to hold a certificate
issued under the Education Code, Subchapter B, Chapter 21, specifically;
a teacher, teacher intern or teacher trainee, librarian, educational
aide, administrator, educational diagnostician, school nurse, or school
(2) HHSC--Texas Health and Human Services Commission
or its designee.
(3) Local behavioral health authority (LBHA)--An entity
designated as a local behavioral health authority by HHSC in accordance
with Texas Health and Safety Code, §533.0356.
(4) Local mental health authority (LMHA)--An entity
designated as the local mental health authority by HHSC in accordance
with Texas Health and Safety Code, §531.002(a) and §533.035.
(5) Mental health first aid (MHFA)--The assistance
provided to a person who is developing a mental health issue or who
is experiencing a mental health crisis until appropriate professional
treatment is received or until the crisis resolves.
|Source Note: The provisions of this §302.5 adopted to be effective June 3, 2014, 39 TexReg 4258; transferred effective February 15, 2020, as published in the Texas Register January 17, 2020, 45 TexReg 468; amended to be effective January 10, 2021, 46 TexReg 305