These words have the following meanings in this subchapter:
(1) Foster family home--A home that is the primary
residence of the foster parent or parents and provides care to six
or fewer children or young adults, under the regulation of a child-placing
agency. Also referred to as "foster home."
(2) Foster parent--A person verified to provide child
care services in the foster home.
(3) Kinship foster home--A foster family home with
a foster parent or parents who:
(A) Is related to a foster child by consanguinity or
(B) Has a longstanding and significant relationship
with the foster child before the child is placed with the foster parent.
(4) Waiver--A decision by Licensing that waives an
operation's compliance with a minimum standard if the economic impact
of compliance with that standard is great enough to make compliance
(5) Variance--A decision by Licensing that there is
good and just cause for an operation to meet the purpose of a minimum
standard in a different way.