|(a) This section applies to medical billing and reimbursement
for telemedicine, telehealth, and teledentistry services provided
on or after September 1, 2021, to injured employees in the Texas workers'
compensation system, including injured employees subject to a workers'
compensation health care network established under Insurance Code
(b) For the purposes of this section:
(1) "telemedicine services" means telemedicine medical
services as defined in Occupations Code §111.001;
(2) "telehealth services" means telehealth services
as defined in Occupations Code §111.001; and
(3) "teledentistry services" means teledentistry dental
services as defined in Occupations Code §111.001.
(c) Except as provided in subsection (d) of this section,
a health care provider must bill for telemedicine, telehealth, and
teledentistry services according to applicable:
(1) Medicare payment policies, as defined in §134.203
of this title (relating to Medical Fee Guideline for Professional
(2) Medicaid payment policies, in accordance with the
dental fee guideline in §134.303 of this title (relating to 2005
Dental Fee Guideline); and
(3) provisions of Chapter 133 of this title.
(d) A health care provider may bill and be reimbursed
for telemedicine, telehealth, or teledentistry services regardless
of where the injured employee is located at the time the telemedicine,
telehealth, or teledentistry services are provided.
(e) The provisions of this section take precedence
over any conflicting provisions adopted or used by:
(1) the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
in administering the Medicare program; and
(2) the Texas Health and Human Services Commission
in administering the Texas Medicaid Program.