|(a) We will not classify reports about the following
types of circumstances as allegations of abuse or neglect or risk
of abuse or neglect:
(1) Truancy. Voluntary absence from school without
a valid excuse.
(2) Runaway. A child who is voluntarily absent from
the home without the consent of the parent or guardian.
(3) Children in need of supervision (CHINS). Children
from ages 10 to 17 who are before a juvenile court for offenses under
the Texas Family Code, §51.03(b).
(4) Latch-key children. School-age children left unattended
part of the day, whose parents have taken appropriate precautions
to assure the children's safety; and
(5) Harmful or violent children. Children who harm
or commit violent acts against other children but are not members
of the alleged victim's family or household, and who are not themselves
abused or neglected.
(b) Notwithstanding subsection (a) of this section,
if there are allegations in the report that otherwise meet the definition
of abuse or neglect, we will investigate those allegations in accordance
with this division.