The following words and terms, when used in this subchapter,
shall have the following meanings, unless the context clearly indicates
(1) Applicant--A unit of general local government seeking
membership certification in the Go Texan Certified Retirement Community
(2) Application--Written request for certification
under the Go Texan Certified Retirement Community Program in the format
prescribed by the department.
(3) Commissioner--The commissioner of agriculture of
the State of Texas or the commissioner's designee.
(4) Department--The Texas Department of Agriculture.
(5) Guidelines--Guidelines promulgated by the department
for completing the application for the Program and administration
of the program.
(6) Local government--An entity defined as a unit of
general local government in 42 United States Code, §5302(a)(1).
(7) Program--The Go Texan Certified Retirement Community
(8) Sponsor--A board, organization or panel designated
in the application by the applicant to serve as the community's primary
contact regarding all aspects of the Program.
(9) Staff--Staff of the department.